Thursday, April 22, 2010

tools, misc

Hi. Just to let everyone know, I put red tape on the tools today as a friendly reminder (*not* intended to be hostile in any way! Indeed, many of my tools are the same as the garden's and I've often had to stop and remember which I was using before leaving). I thought this might be helpful.

The kids' area is utterly spectacular. Thank you everyone for clearing it. It was so easy for me to get things done while the kids (even the little ones) played in the dirt. This makes a huge difference.

Lastly, 61st Street seems to still be going (I hadn't realized this). A friend of mine just took a plot there. It is apparently moving to somewhere on 62nd. Thought it might be of general HP gardening interest.

I think we'll be in the garden tomorrow afternoon and Sunday afternoon.

Oh, also, rainwater collection sounds great. It would also allow us to ease our financial impact on the Club.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea about the red tape---we left one of our trowels there on the weekend, and I thought, "I should mark this thing" when I picked it up on Tuesday. Marking the garden tools is even smarter.

    I found rainwater receptacles (basically, barrels like our white one with spigots on the bottom and mesh-covered holes at the top) at Whole Foods for $100 a piece. If they are $100 there, you have to figure they are cheaper elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete