Thursday, April 15, 2010

open invitation to pick my flowers

Hello, gardeners! There's nothing growing yet, but I wanted to let you know from the very beginning that everyone is always welcome to pick a few flowers for bouquets. As long as you a) pick just a few here and there rather than stripping something bare, and b) are careful not to step on anything, I really don't mind. It's actually good for many flowers to be "harvested" in this way -- it makes them bloom more. From time to time, I might post something saying to please not pick a particular flower (like sunflowers -- please, please don't cut off my sunflower heads to eat the seeds ... I want those for birds and also to reseed ... thanks!), but other than that, you're more than welcome. My plot is the one that's usually all flowers -- in the northwest section, just to the east of Milena's.

No comments:

Post a Comment