Tuesday, May 25, 2010

watering the perimeter

Hello ... I'd been mostly ignoring Tim's former areas, because the plants seemed to be faring OK. With the heat, though, it's apparent that we need to water those areas. I did some, pretty haphazardly. Maybe if several of us water when we can, we'll end up doing a decent job of it. Same with weeding. I don't want this to add unduly to anyone's burden, but if you see something you know is a weed in those areas, please go ahead and pull it. The areas I'm talking about, in case anyone doesn't know, are: on the south side of the building, before the gate; inside the gate, along the south fence, up to the southernmost plot; and on the west wall of the building, until it hits the weedy patch. Watering along the south wall outside the gate is complicated by the fact that the very long hose at the front of the building is seriously kinked, to the point where I couldn't get it to work. So I dragged a hose under the gate, but it was too short -- so there was a portion I had to water with a watering can. So:

1) Please water and weed in those areas if/when you can.
2) Could someone who knows hoses and how to repair them please take a look at the one at the front of the building, and/or see if there's if there's some other solution? Possibly we could link hoses to water the spot I couldn't reach -- I was addled by the rest of my gardening work and wasn't thinking too swiftly.

Also, I have an exceedingly stupid question: Is the white barrel near the east wall the composter? I thought so, but it seemed to have bags and trash in it? Whatever it is, I pulled it north a bit because it was shading two rosebushes. Anything big and long-term like that, could we please check that it's not blocking anything?

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment