Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Garden Fair is coming

Don't forget the annual Hyde Park Garden Fair, which will be May 14 and 15, 9-6 on Friday and 9-4 on Saturday, in the plaza outside the post office, toy store, Treasure Island, etc. They have all kinds of plants: flowers (perennial -- including lots of native plants -- and annual), fruits, vegetables, herbs, and houseplants. The people working the sale are very knowledgeable. This is where I get most of my stuff this year.

If you want to go at the very beginning of the sale, for best selection, be aware that people start lining up at least half an hour in advance and are very, very intent on getting their stuff. It's a little crazy! Maybe not the best if you have your children with you? If you want to wait until it's more low-key, you really can still find most things on Saturday.

I'm an adrenaline junkie, so this year, I'm going on Friday morning. Will you be in line with me when the whistle blows? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment