Thursday, June 10, 2010

Hi, hope everyone's gardening is going well.

I noticed in the shared herb area a few of us have put left-over seedlings (there were 4 tomatoes, to which I added some, a cucumber or two and a squash, etc) so it's probably full up for now. I've done a bit of weeding and will try to get some mulch in there as the soil is pretty heavy.

Also, in the area just to the south of my spot, I put some lettuce seeds in, and noted the area with string. Please consider as communal once it comes up i.e. help yourself.

I've been trying to pull out weeds etc. in the sidewalk areas--does anyone have a good strategy for doing this as I"m having a hard time getting the roots out and the weeds are coming in fast and furious (I'm letting the arugula grow and picking it for salad; hope no one minds)?

Finally, the kids' area looks like it is getting a lot of use. Wondering if maybe a sign (made by some of the kids?) could be put up just so we all know the area... let me know if you want to take this on.
happy green thumbs to all,
Laura


No comments:

Post a Comment